WHO WE ARE
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
– Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment and administration of your orders.
– Email: whenever you contact us, either via our contact web form or directly by email, we require your email address to reply to you. We only require your email to reply to you, but existing customers contacting us will be asked for a few extra details as shown on our web form, such as your domain name, customer number and characters from your account (not login) password. This is for security purposes and allows us to address your issues more promptly. We do not collect, store or share your email address when contacting us with queries. If you have chosen to subscribe (opt-in) to our email list (either as a customer or affiliate, or both), the email address provided will only be used for the purpose described on our subscription page. You can edit or delete your email address (unsubscribe or opt-out) at any time using the special web link provided when you subscribe or you can contact us at any time and we can email the unsubscribe link to the email address associated with it. We only require your email address when subscribing, any additional details are completely optional as shown on our subscription page.
– Your name, postal/billing address, phone number, email address. These details are collected by our shopping cart system whenever you place an order with us. Orders include ordering or renewing a web hosting account, ordering or renewing optional extras, and adding an existing domain to our service. These details are required to process orders, register (order), renew and manage domain names by us. Please refer to the third party providers we use and share your details with below (Who we share your information with).
Our website allows you to create an online account. This is completely optional and is useful if you would like your shopping cart details saved to make checkout quicker and easier the next time you place an order with us. You can also view and save your order/payment invoice from your account.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
– Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
– Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Domains Plus is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include:
– encryption of data;
– regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
– regular scenario planning and crisis management exercises to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents;
– daily penetration testing of systems;
– security controls which protect the entire Domains Plus IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
– internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Domains Plus uses your personal data:
– to provide services to you;
– to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
– for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
– to enable Domains Plus to manage customer service interactions with you; and
– where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
– OpenSRS (Tucows): OpenSRS is a wholesale domain name provider that we use to register, renew and manage domain names. When a domain name is registered, your name, address, phone number and email address details are shared with them so that their systems are able to register and maintain domains with valid Admin and Owner details. As part of this service you will be contacted by email by the OpenSRS system (showing our details) when registering a domain requesting you to give your consent and to ‘opt-in’ so that your details can be processed and that you can be contacted regarding your domain registration.
If you subscribe to our email list, as either a customer or affiliate, we will not share your email or any other details provided with anyone else. Our email list system operates entirely on this website with no third parties involved.
– Our (web hosting) SiteDesigner product is produced by BaseKit, and they have their own data policy available here.
– Our (web hosting) SSL certificates are generated by Starfield Technologies, who have a Privacy Centre here.
WHEN WE MIGHT CONTACT YOU
– When we reply to any service queries you have emailed us about.
– Whenever there is an important issue related to your service with us, for example, if your website contains material not permitted under our service terms, or if your website is using excessive bandwidth adversely affecting the web server, if malware or similar is detected on your website, etc.
– Whenever any part of your service (hosting, domain name(s), optional extra(s)) are due for renewal. This will include email reminders and overdue renewal notification emails. We don’t automatically take payment or renew any service (hosting and domains) you have with us, so renewal notifications are important to allow you to pay any renewal fees.
– If you subscribe to our email list, as either a customer or affiliate, we will send you very occasional email messages to the email address provided. These messages will include details such as news, promotions, offers as provided directly by us.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold, however please note that valid contact details are a requirement to maintain a domain name registration. Details can be found on our domain terms page. You can edit your registered domain details here.
If you have chosen to create an online account on our website, you can login and make any changes to your personal details there. You can also use our Support pages or email your request to our data protection officer from our contact us page.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING CUSTOMER PERSONAL DATA
Domains Plus collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
– the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the provisioning of service to a customer; or
– selling and supplying services to our customers;
– protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
– improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
– complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
– preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
– handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
– managing insurance claims by customers;
– protecting Domains Plus, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Domains Plus;
– effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Domains Plus; and
– fulfilling our duties to our customers and colleagues.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR?
This website does not use Google Analytics to collect or monitor use of this site.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
HOW ARE COOKIES MANAGED?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our website are created by:
– WordPress, the website software used to operate this website and are necessary to enable you to make purchases and use our website;
WHAT ARE COOKIES USED FOR?
The main purpose for which cookies are used are:
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our website, particularly in relation to placing orders online and for website navigation.
2. To enable Domains Plus to meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
HOW DO I DISABLE COOKIES?
You can click or tap here to delete cookies created by this website.
To disable cookies you can change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you do this will depend on the browser you use. Details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are shown below:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu ‘tools’ then ‘Internet Options’
2. Click on the ‘privacy’ tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
1. Choose Settings> Advanced
2. Under ‘Privacy and security’ click ‘Content settings’.
3. Click ‘Cookies’
For Apple’s Safari:
1. Choose Preferences > Privacy
2. Click on ‘Remove all Website Data’
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Choose the menu ‘tools’ then ‘Options’
2. Click on the icon ‘privacy’
3. Find the menu ‘cookie’ and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and above:
1. Choose the menu Files> ‘Preferences’
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DISABLE COOKIES?
If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our website. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our website.
Last updated: 15th September 2018